In this lesson we covered the following:
- What is an herb?
- What are the different types of herbs based on their usage?
- What is the difference between an herb and a drug?
- What do we mean by the term “synergistic”?
- What is “alternative medicine” and what is its place in our health care system?
- What does “holistic” mean?
- Is it necessary for herbalists to diagnose?
- Introduction to the Body Systems Approach.
- Introduction to the Online Health Assessment questionnaire.
- The purpose of this course.
Word Review List:
Below is a list of some of the words that were mentioned in this lesson. If you are unclear as to the meaning of any, click on the word to review its definition:
Before proceeding to the next lesson, complete the following assignments:
- Take the Online Health Assessment questionnaire to learn more about your weakest body system(s).
- Watch the video below “Wild-crafting Dandelion.” (Optional)
- After marking this topic complete go back to the lesson beginning and take the Lesson Quiz. (Required)
Congratulations! You have reached the end of Lesson 1, “Introduction to Herbalism.” Click on MARK COMPLETE and return to the beginning of the lesson where you will find the link (at the bottom of the page) to take the Quiz for this lesson.